Wednesday, July 16, 2008

reading time


I found this on another blog and it got me thinking about my mother. Some day i will buy her a house with a book room remarkably similar to this one of Karl Lagerfeld in the new Elle Decoration (UK). With the addition of some color, of course.

"It would be great if you could buy with the books the time to read them". -Schopenhauer

When I was a girl, my mother would take me shopping. No, scratch that, my mother would find a bench outside the store and read her book while I did the shopping . Purchasing was the only disruption she allowed me.

Father, of course, would always be caught with a book too, lazily reading in his recliner. Both my parents are such marvelous readers; what happened to me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

hanabear -
i need books to read... any ideas.... ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

emily said...

oooh, i want a room like that!